Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Separation

I park my car and rush to the flower seller on the footpath. 10 each he said. If i took them all? All yours for 5 each. He packs them and puts them in my car. I hurriedly drive home. She isnt here but her fragrance is. I blush seeing the broken Vase. Tonight is another night.

She doesn't know that I am here. I pick the flowers one by one remove the stem gently and get the whole room flowered. Jasmines. White and pure. The drops of water make them shine. I love the aura. Nothing comes close to her, but this remind me of her. Time has slowed down. I cant wait for her. She is still not here. Time has stopped. I stand up to the window and look outside. The streets are now empty. Its 9:00 PM and she would have just left her office. I sit on the sofa just near the window. I stand up again, walk around a bit carefully not to step on the flowers, look outside and sit back again. Its 9:24. The large white clock has finally crawled close to 9:30. This agony has passed. She could be here anytime soon. I hurry to lock the gate. I sit on the sofa, on the left wall of the gate, calmly as if not waiting for her at all.

The footsteps break the silence. She was here. She unlocks the flat with her keys, opens the gate. I did not move. She switches on the light, looks around. Her mouth opens up in surprise. I keep looking at her. She smiles. She laughs now. Her lips move. She springs in Joy. I keep looking at her. She had still not spoken a word but I knew what this meant to her. Her giggles ring like bells. She comes towards me and pulls me. I cuddle her in my arms. This was our first anniversary and I had to be here. I knew what this meant for her. We stay like that.

Time could keep running, we had come to a still.



____________________________________________________________________________

PS:
1) Again not a true story. :P
2) Part II only for the closest friends (too explicit to be posted here :P)
3) Suddenly I am in love with writing :D
4) Mazaak mat udana :P all serious feedbacks and criticisms most welcome :P

12 comments:

Omkar Satish Prabhu said...

Nice Work Nishant Bhaiyya

Subhomoy ATGS Bakshi said...

A bit of longer sentences, complex and compound ones, would ornament your writing even more! :D

Subhomoy ATGS Bakshi said...

By the way, that was just for the sake of criticism!
Masst likhte ho bhaiya! :D
Nice imagery..masst picturising skills!
Seems as if a movie is going on in my head when I read your creations..
Get addicted to writing soon, coz I have already become a Nishant-Sah-Story addict! :D

Savi said...

sorry, i cannot comment without making fun of you...

aarthi said...

aap joh bhi karo style ishtylee :P awesome too romantic lol..kiske liye hai ;-)

aarthi said...

nice :P she's really on her way. koi picture dekha kya? ;) god knows who that *lucky* one is :P or rather u know ;)

aarthi rajagopalan said...

she is on her way :P koi romantic picture dekha? :P btw god knows who that LUCKY ONE is... or rather u know :P ;)

Phoenix said...

I liked the reaction of "her". Could imagine it very nicely ! Loved the post.

Abhishek Indoria said...

Good post, but (don't take offense. I am just trying to help) Point of views are mixed up. Try to stick to one part. It's either 'he says' and 'I go' or 'he said' and 'I went.' No mixing up of tenses.
Good luck :)

Nishant said...

@Omkar: Thanks
@Moy: Thanks... Will try to incorporate those changes
@savi: Kameene mere ko picturize nahi karna tha :P :D
@Aarthi: kaash... koi hoti :P
@surabhi: tx
@Abhishek: Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely take more care about this from the next time. :)

SHIRSA AICH said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

disagree with moy..i like short simple fast sentences...