Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Attempt at Short Stories...

The cute little girl giggled seeing the old friend, the auto-rickshaw walla just took the dangerous turn, the old woman ]frowned upon by the rich old man in that honda city, the traffic signal, the loud noise from a college fest, the queue of a million cars waiting for the traffic signal, my mom and dad sitting behind me in the car that i drive from my office at hazra to the hotel at Camac Street. Its all happening here. We get down at the famous old Camac Street, park the car get down, take my mom and dad along to see the girl who they think could be a good bride. There's so much giggling around, so much chatting, people trying to find out and judge both the girl and me. So much facade. We have the hand-shakes a bit of chatting and we are back in the car. Mom and Dad look at me. I smile. We are seated. I look at the seat on my left. You are no more. No one can fill that void. The whole world without you is but empty. They can get someone seated on that seat again, but the emptiness will forever remain.


Real Long time after which i tried writing again. 6-7 years. PS:  a couple of you have asked if this story is real. NO nothing is real about it except the city and the location :D. I dont own a car and never had a break up or make up ;) :P :D

8 comments:

bhaatloque said...

Something written after a long time is generally a reflection of an urge to express something we desire, to unlock an untapped corner - pretty evident what that is in your case :)
nice attempt & keep expressing...you never know..blogs like dreams also come true :P

Nishant said...

arrey bhaatu... kuch bhee desire nahi tha.. bas ek story tha on solitude that i read... I thought I could do better than that.. hence this one :P

Aman said...

That is a nice story...:)

Aman said...

That is a nice story...:)

Anonymous said...

hmm.. aankhon mein aansoon aa gaye .. :'(

probaho said...

SIR APKO WRITER BAN JANA CHAHIYE!!!
KAM SE KAM 40 SAAL ME KUCH NA KUCH TO BAN HI JAOGE!!!!:P

Anshul said...

Love the thought and the format... The plots good and it works... Hope you write more...

Nishant said...

@Aman: Tx
@Ankit: :)
@Prabaho: Thank you.. Let me earn a few bucks in the next few years.. then full time :P :D
@Anshul: Thanks yaar.. :)