Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Relegion.. My views...

This post is just a reflection of my opinion about religion in general.


The problem is that it is very easy to generalize, very easy to type cast things. I dont know if i should be saying this on an open forum, but i am generally very clear about my views (specially these)... The fact is that hindus/ muslims/ whatever are not good/ badd.. Everyone is human. And every human can be modified in a way that is defined by the environment and conditions that he lives in. I am also racist at times. I am sure there would be atleast 50 people who will hate me for writing this as well. A lot of Hindus have decided that all Muslims are like "that". Same with a lot of Muslims. They have decided that India is not for them and they cant progress in India or that they will always be oppressed. Look at what has happened to Sufism in Kashmir due to the minority hardliners and may be the oppression by the Indian forces and hatred there! I am not religious but i get attracted to Sufi music, so i pity what has happened there! Do we hear any sufi voice from Kashmir? I guess all we hear is war mongers and people ready for death. The beauty & softness associated with Kashmir is getting lost. The majority has lost its voice and has become the minority.

The important thing is that the SANE majority (I hope that the majority is moderate) should not let such insane minority take over.

It is a general notion that the past was perfect and the present is bad and the future far from good. I always remember the lines "ab na rahe wo peene wale ab na rahi wo madhushala" when i think of it. The fact is that there have always been good and bad people. People who have been moderate and people who have been intolerant. It is nothing new. Infact I think that the present is better than the future in this respect no matter how bleak it may seem. The fact is that there are no Crusades any more where children and women are sent to war because there are no men.

This is a gentle reminder to the sane world not to allow insanity to engulf us!

1 comment:

aarthi said...

nice :) a ray of hope for the kashmiris to see the dawn :)