Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Woodstock(ed)

The last few weeks have been tough, tough in the sense that Ive had a tough time setting my priorities right...... I have never felt so much time crunch in my life... unfortunately Ive never done anything worthwhile and hence have always had so much time to enjoy(waste??)

After an era of failure, realisations that i did not want to do what i was doing and bad performances...bout an year back.... I finally found something that i really want to do.... ACTUARY...
This is now my career goal.... so much so that i wud not hesitate to leave IIT if i felt that it is becoming a really big road block.....

But then there was something else.... WOODSTOCK
6 months back was discussing this idea with himangshu.... and at that stage i thought that getting data from the net and processing it needed huge huge programming knowledge... I regretted the fact that i din know how to connect to the net to get data thru a code :( I din know how to run a database manangent thing thru a software.. I had never heard PHP... even if i did.. it was like some extension that cud be opened by IE....

But just about that stage.. i started to learn PHP... This is the easiest coding in the world.. and still so powerful !!! Actually u dont need much brains... just hardcore boring coding..... oh... and abt 2 months back i had refused to do the woodstock thing.. because Actuary exams were scheduled in November.... And that is when Woodstock was supposed to start...... Now I find myself doing the coding for the same event..... Its been a satisfying experience doing the coding... but then Actuary's taken a back seat...

The exams are just two days from today... and this time my preparation is the worst ever for an actuary exam.... Fortunately... I do have the pleasure of having done something like woodstock so successfully... (Of course this would have been a distant dream.. had it not been for Akhilesh... whom i think is the most genuinely interested computer coding guy (other than the CS guys) .. who knows everything from XML to JAVA to AJAX to VISUAL C to ... whatever I had heard of...... )

But then the main reason for writing this post......

Pls Play WOODSTOCK..... atleast i will have some comfort that the Failure (almost certain even b4 i have given the paper) in Actuary which happens to be the last thing i want to have .... is not just for a trifle thing...

PS: Sorry for writing such a long boring nerdy blog..... (I thought that this is the worst i have written on this blog) but then there was a reason :)

1 comment:

Aditya said...

Kudos to a Gr8 idea....
Woodstock mania has desperately gripped KGP(atleast till the start of the endsems)
Gr8 work. Dont stop.